On this one day workshop you will learn how to work effectively with studio lighting and you will gain some experience shooting portraits in the studio.
This course is focused on portrait lighting techniques in the studio, for those who wish to start in the world of Studio Photography.
– Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
– Using a light meter to calculate exposures
– Light modifiers and accessories ( Octobox, softbox, beauty dish and reflector)
– Creating or reducing shadow with reflectors and Flags
– Working with white and grey backgrounds
– Lighting the background
– Lighting set ups with one, two, three and four lights
– Main, fill, butterfly, clamshell lighting
– High key and low key lighting set ups
– Flagging light
– Separating the subject from the background with rim lighting
– Using gels to create color
This course is ideal for portraits, equipped with all the studio lights, modifiers and backgrounds needed for this practice.
The goal of the course is to give you the basic knowledge and the practice on how a photography studio works, to give you the confidence to rent and work in the studio environment by yourself.
Patricio is an Argentinian photographer and artist, with more than 20 years experience in photography, living in Dublin for the last 10 years and running his own commercial photo studio in Dublin city since 2014.
Because the places are limited to a very small number of participants, in order to secure a place we advise that you book well in advance as places are heavily oversubscribed.
Dates: Saturday 7 October
Times: 10.30 am to 5pm (with 1 hour lunch break)
Location: Patricio Cassinoni Photo Studio , 65 Capel St, D1 Dublin, Ireland
Portrait Studio Lighting Workshop at Patricio Cassinoni Photo Studio, Dublin