The deadline for receipt of tenders: Friday 24 August, 4pm.
St. Michael’s Theatre in partnership with the Arts Department of Wexford County Council invites tenders from filmmakers for a three year Contract of Services ( Oct 2018 – Sept 2021) to facilitate and manage County Wexford Youth Film Programme based in St Michael’s Theatre in New Ross.
This Contract of Services subject to an annual review, continuing satisfactory performance, and continued funding from Wexford County Council. The successful tenderer will report directly to the Theatre Director and be required to attend quarterly progress meetings with the Theatre Director and the Arts Officer.
Project Design and Delivery:
- Devise and deliver a series of filmmaking programmes to young people 13-18 years of age. These can be either 1 day per week during the school year, or a series of intensive short courses during mid-term breaks etc., or a combination of both.
- Invite at least three professional artists to participate in short term projects with the participants spread over the course of the year e.g. directing, animation, scriptwriting etc.
- Develop an outreach programme by actively engaging with groups i.e. FDYS, Gorey School of Arts, Kilmore Quay Documentary Film Festival and others as appropriate.
- Organise and curate annual Festival & Gala Screening to a high professional standard Including preparation of participant’s films for the annual screening (either by editing the films or participant’s editing the films, or both)
- Identifying and researching screening opportunities at local, regional, national and international festivals
- Assist in career progression for young people in Film making e.g. New assistant filmmaker programme – in CWYF
- Internships s (Kilmore Quay Documentary Film festival) and develop links to 3rd level institutes e.g. Gorey School of Arts, IADT, DIT etc.
The overall budget for the project is as follows:
1. Lead Film Artist €17,000
2. Invited Artists €5,000
3. Assistant Artist (166 hrs. and €15 per hr.) €2,500
4. Annual Film Festival and other expenses €3,000
Overall Budget €27,500
Completed tenders are to be returned to Tomás Kavanagh, Theatre Director, St. Michael’s Theatre, New Ross, Co. Wexford with envelope clearly marked tender for County Wexford Youth Film Project.
Please read the full brief here: stmichaelsnewross.com/invitation-to-filmmakers-to-tender…
Open Tender | Project Delivery of County Wexford Youth Film Project