Deadline: Wednesday 15 August, 6pm.
What should be displayed in a Museum of Mythological Water Beasts?
Ormston House is seeking submissions through the new Membership Scheme. They are inviting artists to propose their work for the expanding exhibition at our Patrick Street venue. They are open to and welcome new ideas and approaches to this multiyear project inspired by the River Shannon.
• An artist’s biography (250 words or less)
• A work statement (500 words or less)
• Three examples of work
• Any special instructions or technical requirements
• Works should be available for exhibition in August and September
Submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org should not exceed 10MB.
Please use the subject line: “Membership 2018”
• There is no submission fee.
• You must be an Ormston House member to submit.
• Selected members will be paid an exhibition fee of €150 (minimum).
• Selected members will be offered travel and accommodation expenses up to
€200 (where required).
More about the Museum of Mythological Water Beasts:
The Museum of Mythological Water Beasts is a multi-year project inspired by the River Shannon and the people of Limerick. Ormston began with an open research process, working with local catchment custodians – including artists, boat-builders, historians, and scientists – through a series of events, workshops and field trips about, along and
on the river. In 2018, they have returned indoors to develop a series of artistic commissions and exhibition-environments at Ormston House.
The Museum of Mythological Water Beasts is kindly supported by the Arts Council of Ireland Visual Arts Project Award.
Open Call | Ormston House Members Opportunity, Limerick