Application deadline: 9 March
K-FEST, Killorglin, Co. Kerry (June 1st – 4th) invites visual and performing artists, curators, and other visual art practitioners working in ALL artistic media to submit work for inclusion in the 2K18 visual and performing art pop-up gallery programme. Submissions are welcome for solo and group, Irish, and international exhibitions. K-FEST has a particular interest in emerging artists.
The final selection of artworks will be based on thematic connection, artistic quality, and feasibility.
Please use the checklist to the right when preparing your submission (the checklist is simply an organisational tool and not necessary to include with your submission package). Submissions should include ALL the following items in order to be considered. For questions related to your submission or technical issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected artists will receive the following:
• Hanging and/or floor space (10 feet) to display their artworks during the festival
• Mention on our Web site, kfest.ie, including an example of their work
• Promotion via K-FEST’s social media platforms
• Special rates at nearby B&Bs and guesthouses
• Evening meals Saturday and Sunday evenings during K-FEST
• Automatic entry into the Screaming Pope Prize, K-FEST’s own unique visual arts award and cash prize, with work selected by a panel of acclaimed art critics and/or experienced artists. Visit kfest.ie for details.
• Access to K-FEST’s 50+ events covering art, music, film, drama, spoken word, and more over the June Bank Holiday weekend at no cost.
Please note: If selected, there is a €10 registration fee to be paid on arrival at the festival. All accepted artists must be present for the duration of the entire festival. In addition, either the artist or a representative should be present in your respective gallery space for the duration of the entire festival. There is no commission on sale of work. Insurance is covered by the festival. There is no artist fee.
For more information see: docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/
Open Call | K-Fest 2018, Killorglin, Co. Kerry