Application deadline: 31 May.
The Courthouse Gallery & Studios is pleased to invite applications to its inaugural International Artist in Residence Programme for 2019. One emerging or mid-career artist will have the opportunity to live and work in the West Clare town of Ennistymon in Ireland for a period of 8 weeks over the summer (6th July – 31st August). This Artist in Residence (AiR) programme is fully funded by the Arts Council of Ireland.
Call for Applications – International Artist-In-Residence 2019
Artists may apply citing projects in all phases – from initial research to finished works. The residency is intended as a space for research, working and networking. There will be no requirement towards an outcome, but the artist is expected to deliver a public talk / lecture about their work and practice. The organisation’s curator will facilitate meetings with curators and artists along the West Coast of Ireland and further afield.
Applications are encouraged from artists from a wide range of visual art disciplines and from those of all cultural and geographic backgrounds.
The selected artist will be offered:
- 24/7 access to a studio space (8.5sqm) with WiFi and media equipment if required
- Local private accommodation within walking distance of the studio
- A stipend of €150 per week
- €600 towards flight / travel expenses
- Introductions to curators and artists based in the West of Ireland
Applying artists must provide the following:
– A letter of interest explaining how this residency will contribute to your practice
– Your CV and biography
– Up to 10 images of your work
– links to video works / documentation (maximum of 5)
Queries and Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include ‘Residency Application 2019’ in the subject line.
Open Call | International Artist-In-Residence 2019, The Courthouse Gallery and Studios, Co. Clare