Application deadline: 4 May, 23:59 GMT
This call aim is to select 8 new curators working with photography/new media/visual media that will be participating in the PARALLEL Platform 2nd Cycle, which occurs between June 2018 and September 2019. If selected, you’ll be taking part in one of the most innovative creative processes going from scratch to the exhibition, alongside with 37 other artists and curators.
The jurors are looking for new curators who fit in the following definition:
Be in the early stage of her/his career;
Show significant artistic potential;
Be defined by artistic practice engaged with contemporary discourse;
Have curated no more than 2/3 exhibitions in a festival/museum;
Lack international exposure.
The call is open internationally to new curators working with photography/new media/visual arts. Selection will be made paying attention to gender balance and diversity.
There’s no specific theme.
Selected curators will:
– Participate in the PARALLEL Artistic Guidance to develop a new curatorial project with the new work produced by the 2nd cycle artists and to be exhibited at one of the PARALLEL Members locations, with the support of a high profile tutor and in partnership with one of the PARALLEL members;
– Present themselves in the PARALLEL Intersection Zagreb (HR), September 2018. (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs in Zagreb supported by the Platform);
– 10-day internship at the PARALLEL Members location with which the curator is working with (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs in to be confirmed location supported by the Platform);
– Consolidate their new curatorial project with the new work produced by the artists at PARALLEL Curatorship Derby (UK), at FORMAT Festival, March 2019. (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs in Derby supported by the Platform;
– Present their exhibition at the PARALLEL Member location with which the curator is working with during the Exhibition Platform;
– Work directly with the graphic coordinator in their exhibition catalogue;
– Have their exhibition / curatorial project presented again in PARALLEL Review Lisboa, in what will be the first moment the new curators’ exhibitions are presented altogether and where the PARALLEL Award will be given to the most compelling exhibition. (Travel to and from – up to 250€, accommodation and subsistence costs supported by the Platform);
Have their curatorial project published in the Yearly Catalogue PARALLEL Atlas;
Have their curatorial project promoted internationally under PARALLEL Platform activities framework.
Please note there is an entrance fee of: €20
For more information visit: callforcurators.com/parallel-open-call-2018-new-curators/
Open Call for Emerging Curators | PARALLEL Platform, Zagreb, Croatia (Submission Fee)