2018 marks the 30th anniversary of Féile an Phobail and the call is now open for submissions for art exhibitions for the Féile an Earraigh Spring festival (12th-18th March) and the flagship August Féile (2nd -12th August).
Féile an Phobail are planning to have a yearlong calendar of events so submissions for events and activities right throughout the year are also welcome.
Féile will be hosting exhibitions in a number of key venues in the City during March and August, and we would be delighted if you would consider submitting an exhibition for this year’s March and August Féile, Irelands Biggest Community Arts Festival and Summer School.
- Féile an Earraigh, 12th – 18th March (Deadline Monday 18th December)
- Flagship August Festival, 2nd – 12th August (Deadline Friday 23rd February)
- Event to be held Jan – Dec ’18 outside of normal festival dates (ongoing)
The theme of this year’s Féile will be community celebration of global culture. Submissions of non-themed exhibitions are also welcome.
Expressions of interest to include:
• Description of content/ theme of exhibition
• Short artist biography paragraph with contact details including telephone number and email
• 6 images each no bigger than 1.07 MB
• Size and dimensions of exhibition, including any technical requirements
If interested please submit proposal to Deirdre Mackel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also contact Deirdre Mackel for further information and Féile’s Guiding Principles. Artists must be available to instal works in the week leading up to the exhibition and on the day after the exhibition closes in the particular venue, to dismantle and collect their work.
Open Call | Féile an Phobail, Belfast