Application deadline: 10 March
Art Affairs and Documents Foundation, Goethe-Institut Bulgaria and Credo Bonum Gallery are pleased to announce the launch of CLICK – an international residency programme for curators. The programme provides 5-weeks-long residency in the city of Sofia to emerging curators. The residency covers accommodation, a fee and budget for the production of an exhibition or other curatorial project. Furthermore, the programme offers meetings with artists and curators in Sofia, studio visits, and assistance with research and production of final projects.
Art Affairs and Documents Foundation is a professional organization of curators, operating in Bulgaria and internationally. It was founded by curators Vessela Nozharova, Vera Mlechevska, Dessislava Dimova and Svetlana Kuyumdzhieva. Individual and collective efforts of its members are to broaden the understanding of visual art and culture as part of historical, social and political dynamics. The organisation often steps in collaborating with many local institutions and entities and among other activities it mediates intercultural dialogue.
- accommodation for 5 weeks in a separate studio apartment in the very heart of the city of Sofia
the schedule of the residency is flexible: selected curators can spend the 5 weeks in Sofia as a single uninterrupted stay, or travel twice: a research period followed by a separate trip for the realization of the final project.
- fee of 400 EUR
- production budget of 600 EUR for an exhibition or other curatorial final project
- exhibition/event space(s) – Credo Bonum Gallery and the gallery of Goethe-Institut Bulgaria (+ technical equipment)
- organised program of meetings with Bulgarian curators and artists, visits in galleries and institutions, studio visits
assistance for research, production etc.
- travel costs are NOT covered, but the organisers can provide a recommendation letter in case the residents apply for external funding for covering their travel costs.
- Selected curators should take care of health and travel insurances by themselves.
- In 2018 the programme provides residencies to two curators selected after the open call.
Interested curators have to submit following documents (in English):
- a CV
- a portfolio with documentation of at least three realized curatorial projects
- a cover letter expressing the motivation of the applicant. Mentioning background knowledge of the Bulgarian art scene, possible topics of interest for research as well
- as expressing interest or ideas for the final project are of advantage.
Please, include your desired schedule for the residency (in which of the two periods and if you spend the 5 week-period in one or two stays – possibly with approximate dates).
For more information see: goethe.de/click-open-call.pdf
Open Call | CLICK – Curatorial Residency in Sofia, Bulgaria