Application deadline: 19 July
Catalyst presents a new call out that focuses on the world of sound art. Whether your work is Drone, Noise, Ambient, Electroacoustic, Field Recording, Synthesis Exploration, or All/None-of-the-above. This is an opportunity to have your sounds presented and heard in new contexts and by new audiences.
Each successfully submitted work:
1) Will be programmed in an event (Aug 17th 7pm) that will take place in the Sonic Arts Research Centre’s Sonic Laboratory. The submitter will choose to diffuse or simply play their work on the 48-Channel system that the Sonic Laboratory offers.
2) Will be archived digitally on free streaming services such as Bandcamp and Soundcloud as part of the ‘Catalyst Audio Tracks’ series.
3) Will be stored on Catalyst USBs that will be given out at the programmed event and subsequent exhibitions in the gallery until all units are gone.
Terms and Conditions:
– The work must be no longer than 4 minutes
– The work must be sent in a stereo WAV file
– The submitter consents to a public performance free of charge of their work in the SARC concert and archiving of their audio on non-profit audio streaming services (e.g. Bandcamp, Soundcloud). The composer retains the copyright of his/her work and can request removal of such work.
Catalyst offer exclusive membership opportunities throughout the year. Join by donating to Catalyst on their website here: catalystarts.org.uk/members…/
Please Submit work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Call | Catalyst Members Opportunity, Belfast