Deadline for applications: Friday 20 September.
Black Church Print Studio is now inviting applications for its 2020 Emerging Curator Award. This programme is designed to provide a platform for emerging curatorial research.
Black Church Print Studio’s exhibition programme has involved significant Irish artists and curators who have approached shows with a keen sense of experimentation. Although the studio activities tend to prioritise print processes, the exhibitions often include alternative forms. This contemporary and inclusive approach to production is what characterises the studio.
This award is open to recent graduates from academic backgrounds including Art Theory, Art History, Aesthetics and Fine Art backgrounds. The successful applicant will be given the opportunity to realise a public exhibition of work at the prime location of The Library Project in Temple Bar in January 2020.
Black Church Print Studio is offering the successful applicant:
– A €500 curatorial fee
– A three week exhibition slot at The Library Project with an additional week for installation/take down
– Creative autonomy
– Equitable payments for selected exhibiting artists
– Professionally designed graphics and invite
– PR, marketing and administrative support
– Technical installation support
– An ‘AandE Session’, a public dialogue event specific to the exhibition
See website for how to apply and further information: blackchurchprint.ie
Open Call | Black Church Print Studio Emerging Curator Award 2020