Application deadline: 19 March
Call for artists from any country and nationality (excepting Spanish) who do not live in Spain and wish to make a residency in the region of Bidasoa (Irun, Hendaia and Hondarribia), located between the Basque Country French and Spanish.
During the residency, the artist will work on her/his perception, vision of the Basque Country with visits and interviews to different contemporary cultural entities. The objective is to develop a piece of art that will later be exhibited in different sites of Euskal Herria.
The call is open to artists under 40 years old who have never had any previous contact with Basque Country. All artistic disciplines are accepted (visual arts, audiovisual, scenic, music, design, etc.).
A 40-day stay during which the artist will have accommodation in Irun, as well as a studio workshop and work space. In addition, you will get advices, production services and introductions to various individuals from the Basque Country’s art and cultural field to carry out your project.
Bitamine Faktoria offers an economic aid that is composed of:
- Advice, production and contact with different people from Basque art and culture field
- Accommodation in Irun
- Study workshop and workspace
- €800 for expenses and transfer costs (from the arrival airport to Irun and to Irun from the departure airport) during the residency
- Up to € 600 for the travel from your country to the Basque Country
- Up to € 400 towards production expenses
- Organisation of exhibitions, graphic design and materials related to the residency activities such as flyers, posters
For more information see: bitamine.net/residencia-internacional
Open Call | Bitamine Faktoria Residency, Basque Country, Spain