Application deadline: Tuesday 5 September
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (Charlottesville, Virginia, USA) is actively recruiting an Animator/ Illustrator for the Education and Public Outreach (EPO) team at Observatory Headquarters in Charlottesville, VA. EPO is the Observatory-wide function designing and delivering accessible and engaging radio astronomy programs and products for the general public, K-12 students, formal and informal educators.
The EPO Animator/Illustrator Leads develops and delivers animation and/or illustration projects in collaboration with subject matter experts and other members of the EPO team. The successful candidate will use scientifically informed observation, combined with technical and aesthetic skills to accurately portray subjects to support EPO products such as public website, press releases, public exhibits, and K-12 STEM educational programs. The incumbent will use independent judgment and creativity to create specialized, informative and engaging visual content in collaboration with scientists, engineers, and other members of the EPO staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Illustrative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creates 3D/2D animations and motion sequences depicting natural phenomena or illustrating processes, using illustration, animation, and compositing tools.
- Creates illustrations, informative graphics, scientific visualization via a range of media and techniques
- Creates educational video products.
- Supports story development through the creation of storyboards.
- Renders/Outputs versions of animations and/or illustrations in formats needed by the various distribution channels employed by the observatory’s EPO effort.
- Responsible for development and upkeep of effective processes for archiving and cataloging of completed projects.
- Pro-active compliance with NRAO and government safety policies and procedures in own work area is expected.
- Other duties may be assigned.
For more information and to apply online: jobs.jobvite.com/
Job Vacancy | Animator/Illustrator at National Radio Astronomy Observatory, Virginia, USA