This practical, hands-on course will introduce beginners to to digital photography and how to get the most out of their cameras.
You will get an introduction to your camera’s semi manual and manual controls and will get to know the potential of your camera, basic camera functions and exposure. This course will also enable you to apply a practical and theoretical knowledge to help you use a digital camera effectively and creatively.
You will be given the chance to shoot in the historic streets around BLOCK T, followed by a review of your work with the course tutor.
Equipment: DSLR Camera
– How to work your camera in semi manual and full manual modes
– How to use ISO, shutter speed and aperture to get the correct exposure
– What white balance and metering settings to use in various situations
– File formats (RAW + JPEG) explained
– Overview of focusing, flash, lenses and filters
– Composition: what makes your images interesting and how to achieve creative camera
Dates: Saturday, November 4th
Times: 11:00 – 17:00
Location: BLOCK T Studios, Dublin 8
Introduction to Using Your Digital Camera with Kate Nolan at Block T