Application deadline: Thursday 7 September, 5.30pm.
The purpose of the Visual Arts Curator Residency Scheme is to offer visual arts curators the opportunity to research and develop their practice, while developing a year-long work programme in partnership with an arts or non-arts organisation, such as a company, venue, festival, local authority or other. The specific content of the work programme will be designed by the curator in collaboration with the partner organisation.
The objectives of the Visual Arts Curator Residency Scheme are:
- To offer opportunities to curators across the country to research and develop a programme of work relevant to the progression of their own practice
- To offer opportunities to arts and non-arts organisations to benefit from contact with curatorial practice
- To encourage a considered approach to, and innovative ways of, engaging new audiences with high-quality contemporary visual arts at local/regional/national level
- To encourage the development and sustainability of high-quality visual arts activities within different contexts
- To encourage a coordinated approach between curators and organsiations, the maximum amount awarded to each successful application will be €20,000.
All applications must be submitted using the Arts Council’s online services website. Application forms submitted via email/post/fax will not be accepted.
For further information on the Visual Arts Curator Residency Scheme please contact Jenny Walton, Visual Arts & Architecture Officer on 01 6180236 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding | Arts Council Visual Arts Curator Residency Scheme