Closing date for applications: Friday 20 September, 4pm.
DCU, a young, dynamic university is offering an exciting opportunity to a professional visual artist in collaboration with Fire Station Artists’ Studios. This inaugural Visual Artist in Residence awards a funded studio space on DCU’s All Hallow Campus for a period of one year, commencing in October 2019. In addition to the studio, DCU/FSAS will make available an exciting package of supports, the kind of opportunities only a university can present. The selected visual artist will work at their own pace and on their projects in a stimulating environment.
The studio is within the beautiful building Drumcondra House and measures 3m x 5m. While there is running water in the studio, it is unlikely to be suitable for wet processes. It is ideal for computer work, a research base, making on a small scale and process driven work. Access to the studio will be from 8am to 9pm.
The kind of opportunities only a university can present including access to:
– Academic communities across three campuses
– Library and research facilities
– Public lectures, talks and cultural events at DCU
– Space for workshops and exhibition where feasible
The facilities and resources of FSAS are also highlighted in this residency, which are accessible to artists at highly subsidised rates. These can be booked directly through FSAS. The selected visual artist will work at their own pace and in a stimulating environment.
What is required of the residency recipient?
– To complete the residency in 12 months.
– To maintain regular contact with the Visual Arts Development Officer and provide a quarterly report for the Visual Arts Steering Group (written and/ or verbal)
– To present at least one event/programme activity (such as an artist’s lecture, talk or workshop) during the university semester.
– To actively explore/engage with the university environment (academic communities, research, collaborations)
Further information and application details available at: dcu.ie/president/Visual-Arts-Office.shtml
Deadline Reminder I Visual Artist in Residence at DCU, in collaboration with Fire Station Artists’ Studios