Rua Red offers low-cost working spaces for visual artists. The open call for applications for studios in 2019 is now open. Studios are allocated for a period of between 1 to 3 years.
The studio programme is viewed by the Board and management of Rua Red as integral to the success of the gallery and must support and enhance the organisation’s remit.
Studios available are 35msq, concrete floor with sink, storage and heating. North facing with natural light. The studios will available to move into from 14th January 2019.
To your express your interest, we would like to invite you to submit a formal request to take up tenancy in one of the studio spaces.
In order to ensure transparency, consistency and equity in the Selection process it is essential that your request consist of the following information:
- A Cover Letter with a descriptive narrative of your intended purpose for the studio e.g. preparation for exhibition solo/group, education project, public art project, research etc. (500 words maximum limit).
- How long you will need your studio. Studios are allocated on an initial 12 month basis with the potential to extend that to a maximum of 36 months, project dependent.
- An Artist statement giving details of your practice (300 words limit).
- A description of how you feel your practice will support and enhance the remit of Rua Red (500 words maximum limit).
- A full Curriculum Vitae and accompanying visual images (jpeg images and web showreels).
- An image list.
Visit the Rua Red website for full-details on how to apply: ruared.ie/studios-residencies/studios/studio-faqs
Studios Available at Rua Red, Dublin