This is a great weekend workshop for anyone wanting to learn how to create a more advanced puppet that can be easily animated as well as learning skills of designing and creating clothes specifically for animation puppets which can be used time and again.
All equipment and materials are included, no need to bring anything.
This workshop is very hands on with each participant benefiting from one to one tuition throughout the weekend and while it is advanced, no prior experience is needed. You will leave with a complete professional puppet as well as a short clip of your animated puppet and the skills to create more puppets for future animations.
Learn how to:
- Build detailed and professional wire armature.
- Learn how to sculpt and create removable/replacement hands and head.
- Design and create a stop-motion puppet from foam and liquid latex.
- Design and learn how to paint with latex and colour your puppet.
- Learn how to create inbuilt rigs for your puppet which will enable them to run and jump.
- Learn how to treat and create animatable clothing for your puppet.
Dates: August 11th and 12th
Times: 10.00 – 17.00
Fee: €150 – €170
Location: Temple Bar Gallery + Studios, Dublin
Stop-Motion Animation, Foam and Latex Puppet Building Course at TBG+S, Dublin