Exhibiting in Dublin for the first time, Block T are delighted to invite Russian artists Natalyia Ermine and Elena Leontieva to teach a 2 day Portrait Painting workshop with us this September. Both artists are graduates from the Moscow Academy of Fine Art, where they specialised in portraiture. This workshop is a unique opportunity to learn from their approach in the Russian realist tradition.
This weekend workshop will be focused on exploring the elements of form and learning how to achieve the illusion of three-dimensions. By better understanding the importance of form, participants will gain new insight into value, colour and likeness.
During workshop students will:
– See a step by step method of working on portrait from life based on the Russian realism tradition;
– See and learn the main face and head proportions as well as basic facial anatomy;
– Find out how to capture likeness, individual character;
– Learn what to focus on when you areworking on a portrait;
– Learn methods and techniques that will make work on the portrait easier.
– Do small compositional studies;
– Create an oil portrait (head and shoulders)
Dates: Saturday September 9th and Sunday Sep 10th
Times: 11:00 – 17:00
Location: BLOCK T Studios, Dublin 8
Portrait Painting – Lessons From The Russian School at Block T