Scoil Bhríde’s Public Art Working Group have made the decision to commission an engaging Permanent Artwork with the engagement of some or all of it’s 613 students and asks that
the submitting artists consider the following:
– An artwork that is relevant now and will also grow and remain relevant to their
students and staff now and into the future.
– An interactive / educational element to the project.
– To participate in meaningful engagement with their students during the process.
Various approaches and levels of engagement are welcomed as part of this Per Cent for Art project. Collaborative partnerships are also welcome, should artists wish to partner with another artist for this project.
The brief asks the artist/s to:
- Focus on the school’s ethos
- Consider elements of identity, local place names and folklore.
- Consider engaging with some / all of their 613 students during the creative process.
- Consider the relevance of these artworks now and in the future.
Artists’ Brief: Stage-1-Project-Brief-and-Application-v1.pdf
The selection process will take the form of a Two Stage Open Competition. It is open to all interested professional artists at any stage of their career or experience.
Artists are invited to express their interest in being considered for this project at the first stage of this commission. Artists may do this by completing the application form and submission of a CV and images / details of recent relevant works / projects.
From the completed Stage 1 applications; a shortlist of artists will be selected by panel jury. Stage 2 short listed artists will be paid a concept development fee of €200 to work on a detailed proposal for final selection. A Stage 2 brief will be available to shortlisted artists and a site visit is expected at this stage.
The Selection Panel will consist of two / three members of the Public Art Working Group, two Professional Artists and the school Architect. The Selection Panel will be chaired by the Curator / Project Manager.
Applicants can make enquiries regarding the commission to Rina Whyte, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone + 353 87 238 9591.
Percent for Art Commission | Scoil Bhríde Primary School, Killane, Edenderry, Co. Offaly