Deadline for submissions for stage one: Friday 15 June
The B.O.M of Carrigaline Community School are commissioning a site specific Artwork(s) under the Per Cent for Art Scheme funded by the Department of Education and Skills resulting from the recently completed extension to our school building.
Carrigaline Community School is an inclusive, co-educational second level school with a student population of approximately 1170 students. The School also has a large Adult and Community Education Programme. The school is situated right at the heart of a large residential area just a few hundred metres north east of the main street of Carrigaline.
The total budget for the commission is €35000 including all Artist expenses and V.A.T.
Artists Brief, download here:
All submissions will be assessed and a shortlist of between three and five artists will be formed.
Applicants will submit the following material for the Stage One:
● Completed application form (see Artists Brief).
● Up to date professional C.V, with details of relevant experience and attainment such as exhibitions, commissions, publications, awards etc.
● Up to three examples of previous commissions, or other relevant work.
● A typed one page proposal outlining general ideas and concepts for the commission.
● Two to four drawings, illustrations or other visual/audio/etc material for the purpose of communicating the artistic concept of the proposed work.
● Any relevant examples of how your engagement with the wider community has been reflected in the creation of new work, either at a personal level or at community level (if appropriate to your practice).
● Up to three references from (a) bodies with whom you have completed commissioned work or (b) arts organisations with whom you have previously worked.
The commissioner shall issue an official order for Stage Two which will detail the requirements for submission to this Stage. The school will not be liable for any costs or expenses in excess of €500 (inc. VAT and all other charges).
The Selection Panel will consist of representatives from: CCS Board of Management, CCS Parents’ Association, CCS Staff and Students. Also sitting on the Selection Panel will be the School Principal, a professional Artist and the Cork County Council Arts Officer.
Artists are requested to register their interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating their interest in this project and reference Percent for Art Commission in the subject line. Further information and updates about the commission will be emailed to registered Artists by email.
Per Cent for Art Commission | Carrigaline Community School, Co. Cork