The purpose of this tender is to recruit a curator who will work with the artistic director of the festival to develop, manage and promote the visual arts programme of the 25th Bealtaine Festival in 2020.
1. In consultation with the festival director, curate and oversee a number of visual arts events for 2019
2. Manage the budget and all financial relationships in relation to the visual arts events
3. Plan and manage the visual arts events from 2019 through to 2020
4. Develop Memoranda of Understanding in relation to all partnerships entered into
5. Promote the visual arts events
6. Report on the visual arts events at the end of the festival
7. Liaise with the festival Director and festival team throughout the process
It is envisaged that this contract will commence in July 2019 for a limited number of days over a period of months. Pending confirmation of Arts Council funding for 2019, the contract would commence again – also for a limited number of days.
It is envisaged that there will be from four to five visual arts events of varying sizes and taking place throughout the country (from commissions to residencies to workshops) and thus travel is essential with this work.
The contract will specify an agreed number of travelling days which can be charged at a higher rate.
The flat daily rate should be set in the context of €250 per day.
Please visit their website to download the full tender document: bealtaine.ie/…bealtaine_visual_arts_curator_2020
Open Tender | Visual Arts Curator of Bealtaine 2020