Application deadline: 31 December
Artists are welcome to submit paintings, drawings, sculptures and photography as entries to Passion to Perform. Prizes will be awarded in $USD based on a jury selection of: $6,000 for first prize, $2,500 for second prize and $1,500 for third prize. In addition, a fund has been established to acquire artworks from the shortlist of finalists, which will then become part of the permanent collection of Yamana Gold.
Passion to Perform is an initiative of Yamana Gold, a leading gold producer with operations and properties throughout the Americas that integrates a commitment to sustainability and stakeholder engagement best practices in all its business activities. This commitment complements a performance based culture driven by an entrepreneurial passion that is mirrored in the passion and commitment demonstrated by many emerging artists.
Passion to Perform celebrates the interconnection between performance and passion, and aims to award winning entrants with meaningful compensation that can positively impact each artist’s practice and encourage them to pursue their passion.
How to apply:
• Entry is free and online at www.passiontoperform.ca
• The competition is open to any person practicing art, and each artist can submit up to 2 entries
• The panel of judges will initially review entries made through the online system. Following this, approximately 35 artists will be short listed. Only works that are short listed from the initial digital submission will be reviewed for final judging
• Notifications and instructions on the regional collection process will be sent to the short list
• Transport of works is covered by the company
For more information see: passiontoperform.ca
Open Call | Yamana Gold Passion to Perform, Toronto, Canada