Taste the cultural diversity of Bulgaria and provoke your creativity. In World of Co Residents can develop ideas and experiment with different techniques while focusing on a personal project or collaborating with local and international creatives.
The aim of the Residency is multileveled – from one side, bringing together international artists and creative people to Bulgaria to exhibit, collaborate, learn and share. From another side, to unveil a different perspective of one not-so-well-known country and its art potential.
Residency program with provided accommodation: 650€ per month
If you share the room with another artist the price is 500€ per month for each
Residency program without provided accommodation: 350€ per month
- Accommodation andShared studio in one
- Traditional craft workshops (carpet weaving and wood carving)
- Introduction to Bulgarian art & culture: From traditional to contemporary art (series of lectures)
- Bulgarian Chit-Chat language lessons
- Weekly group meetings
- Support with research and project execution
- Artist’s studio/Museum or gallery visit
- Artists’ talk – present your art to the local audience
- Collective exhibition and the end of the stay
- Sofia City Guide – a curated collection of contemporary galleries and museums, art stores, print shops and etc.
- Monthly list of art and culture events in Sofia
- Bulgarian SIM card
Number of participants: 3/4
Open Call | WORLD OF CO Residency 2019, Sofia, Bulgaria