Application deadline: 20 May, 5pm.
Black Church Print Studio invites proposals from Third Level Fine Art undergraduates (2nd, 3rd, 4th Years inclusive) to respond to, and exhibit their work in an experimental exhibition space – Black Church Cabinet – in the heart of Temple Bar.
Black Church Cabinet is a niche, vertical vitrine situated at street level. With a wide incidental audience, the space is highly visible, and offers a great opportunity for showcasing new talent in the centre of Dublin’s cultural quarter.
The selected artist exhibits their work for up to six weeks in Black Church Cabinet, with a further six weeks use of the Studio facilities for developing their specific work.
As a self-directed project, the selected artist is responsible for the installation of their work while receiving support of the Black Church technical team. Marketing, mediation and communications support will also be available. A further €100 Production Bursary will be awarded to cover material and technical costs.
- Submissions should be informed by the printmaking process
- Site-specific to fit 212cm x 54cm x 8 cm
- 2D, 3D or New Media are accepted
- Available for installing the work in early September 2019
- A written proposal (one A4) with supporting images (max.8), sketch, workplan
- Artist statement
- Display and installation instructions
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Call to Undergraduates | Black Church Print Studio Cabinet Award 2019