Application deadline: 30 May
The Park Project was established in 2014 by curator Linda Shevlin with a view to providing artists the opportunity to engage in strategic exploration into history making in relation to Lough Key Forest Park. This project takes on the form of a “residency commission” that allows an artist to occupy the space of the park, collecting history and exchanging knowledge that will inform their future work, while working within the historical and contemporary contexts of the site.
Previous artists Sean Rafferty (2014) and Anna Macleod (2017) produced works that were installed in Roscommon Arts Centre while artist Ruth E. Lyons (2015) produced events and activities that took place in Lough Key throughout the duration of her residency.
For 2018, we hope to present work offsite in or around the Forest Park/ Boyle area as Roscommon Arts Centre gallery will be under construction.
The commissioning budget is €4,000. The commissioning budget must include all artist fees, design development, fabrication, supply, works, artist insurances (public liability & where appropriate contractor), travel, accommodation, certifications and training, health and safety costs, VAT, and all other expenses and charges.
In addition to the above amount, Roscommon Arts Centre will support the project through providing installation and technical assistance, marketing/printing and exhibtion costs to the value of €1000.
• A max 700-word proposal outlining ideas and concepts for the project and proposed potential outcomes.
• Budget breakdown of all costs
• If appropriate, identify communities you are interested in engaging with
• Estimated timescale (must be complete by Nov. 2018).
• Where relevant, up to three illustrations or images to communicate visually the concept behind the work and to indicate the general practicalities surrounding the delivery of the work.
• An up to date CV (no more than 3 pages).
• Up to five images of previous works, clearly labeled with title of artwork/project. These images SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE, PDF DOCUMENT IF POSSIBLE.
• Any known supports that will be required for the delivery of the project.
• Any other parties who will have an interest in or will constitute part of the delivery of the work.
• Any time or practical constraints that may impact on the project.
Worked should be completed for presentation by November 2018.
For full artists brief visit: Roscommonartscentre.ie
Queries to: email@example.com
Open Call | The Park Project Commission, Roscommon