Closing date for applications Tuesday 30 April.
The Teacher-Artist Partnership CPD programme (T.A.P.) is a Creative Ireland, Department of Education and Skills led and approved Summer Course offering fully paid training and in-school residency opportunities for artists (across all art forms) to work within primary school settings and and develop partnerships with creative teachers.
– Open to artists, working in any art form, who are committed to sharing their practice with children and teachers in a modern primary school environment
– Specialist, week-long training (1st – 5th July 2019 based in Co. Wexford Education Centre, Enniscorthy to prepare the artist for the unique requirements of working harmoniously in partnership with a teacher within the modern Irish classroom
– A training allowance of €150 per day over the initial 5-day training/induction week (€750 in total), plus travel with daily lunch provided.
– Brokerage and development of partnerships with creative teachers, in schools committed to contemporary arts learning and practice and creativity
– Guarantee of a paid, follow up in-school-residency within a local primary school (Fee €800, plus €100 travel plus €100 materials) to carry out a 20-hour project (14 contact hours plus 6 preparation hours) in partnership with your teacher partner throughout the 2019/2020 academic year
– Information, learning and networking opportunities for further freelance work within the education system.
- have a track record of a minimum of three years professional practice in any art form
- demonstrate an interest in / commitment to: the principles of Arts-in-Education and Creativity and to enhancing the lives of children through arts practice
- be willing to learn about modern classroom culture and to work in equal partnership with teachers
- Combine a sense of fun, joy and collaboration with professional dedication and high artistic vision
- Be willing to undertake child protection training as part of the induction week, and undergo standard Garda vetting before taking up project placements.
Successful artists will be contracted by Co. Wexford Education Centre to participate in the training and to deliver a subsequent partnership residency project, but must apply to be part of the scheme in the first instance via the “Call Out For Artists” by the Arts Officer of the Local Authority in which the full-time Education Centre is located.
Expressions of interest should therefore be sent to Co. Wexford Education Centre, Milehouse Road, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Or by email to email@example.com
Expressions of interest should be in the form of a letter of max 600 words, accompanied by a CV or short Bio with links to images or samples of relevant work. The letter should set out:
- Where you trained
- A very brief description of your practice
- Why you might wish to work in partnership with a teacher and with children in a school setting
- What you think qualifies you to take up this opportunity.
Places on this national Creative Ireland CPD initiative, taking place in the local full-time Education Centre training programmes, are limited to four artists per year – 4 Artists per Summer Course. Final decision on offers of places will be taken by the Director of the local Education Centre in collaboration with the Local Authority Arts Office.
Open Call | Teacher-Artist Partnership CPD Programme, Wexford