Sample-Studios’ TACTIC Visual Arts Programme are delighted to announce an open call for artworks that explore the changing political climate in Ireland, with particular reference to the recent referenda and accompanying protest movements. Work should include an emotional response to these events.
Submissions are welcomed through this submission process for an upcoming January 2019 exhibition in Cork City. Their curatorial resident invites artists who are at any stage in their professional careers to apply. The work submitted may be in any medium.
There is no submission fee for this open call.
Email your proposal as a single PDF file (max 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “OPEN CALL JANUARY 2019” in the subject line of the email.
Please make sure your proposal includes the following:
• CV: Containing name, address, email, phone and website (if available). Max 2 pages.
• Artist Statement: Max 200 words.
• Proposal Summary: Please provide a summary (max 500 words) of the work you are proposing. This should cover the main themes of the work.
• Supporting Material: details of materials and medium, dimensions, year of production, good quality images of works, links to video and audio examples to be provided.
* The work can be new or existing work, given the historical nature of the subject matter
Please note that selected artists for exhibition will receive a fee for participation.
Open Call | TACTIC Visual Arts Programme at Sample-Studios, Cork