Application deadline: 1 May.
Straight Outta Ireland will be an opportunity for artists from Ireland to exhibit and sell their work in the Philadelphia area. The mission of this event is to collaborate as a fundraiser for the Irish Immigration Center of Philadelphia while showcasing and promoting some of the abundance of Irish talent.
The vision of Straight Outta Ireland is to exhibit art that reflects the contemporary, the stylish and the soul that reflects current day Ireland.
The event will be held in Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, November 15th – November 17th, 2019.
Invitation to Apply: Seeking artists/designers /collaborators of all disciplines.
Theme: The theme is to showcase the contemporary, the stylish and the soul that reflects current day Ireland.
Please note: No fee to apply. No artist fee to exhibit. All profit from work sold goes directly to the Artist. The Irish Immigration Center will apply for funding to support this endeavor. Funding is not guaranteed. There are multiple rooms at the Centre that can be used for exhibition, furniture can be moved to accommodate exhibitions.
In order to be considered, artists must meet the following criteria:
• They must be professional artists
• They must have exhibited in Ireland, preferably on a solo basis
• Their peers need to view them as practicing artists
• Artists will be evaluated on merit and strength of work
Unfortunately, funding does not apply to hobbyists, amateurs or students. The funding, if approved, may cover travel, travel related costs, accommodation, freight.
To apply, email Karen Gilmartin, Yvonne Hanrahan or Alanna Mc Closkey at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name & Contact details (email and phone)
- Brief Statement & Bio Description of work (medium/scale/details)
- Images of work (up to 5)
- If your work requires equipment hire of any kind, please provide specific detail of your needs.
Open Call | Straight Outta Ireland, Exhibition at Irish Immigration Centre, Philadelphia, USA