The REAKTOR’s cross-disciplinary programme features works that are imbued with the spirit of the times. Indeed, what is still considered experimental today may well one day be perceived as timelessly permanent. That is particularly true of contemporary art. The REAKTOR’s open call is designed to seek out that very potential in the visual arts, hence the title Potenziale. Particular emphasis is to be placed on space-defining art for the REAKTOR’s architectural core, i.e. its main hall.
The chosen artists will be invited to flesh out and implement their submitted concept as part of a fortnight’s residency and then showcase it to the public as part of an exhibition.
The application is a single-stage process. A description, sketches, and an enclosed portfolio of earlier works are sufficient. The REAKTOR team will be on hand to assist with the finalisation and support the implementation. A budget of up to EUR 3,500.00 is available for the exhibition production, together with practical assistance from the REAKTOR’s technical team.
- Art experience | The Open Call is looking for works that address the topic of reason and emotion.
- A balance between conceptual depth and material precision | Previously completed works featured in the portfolio will be taken into consideration when assessing the submission.
- Preference will be given to objects and/or concepts that make full use of the main hall’s sizeable volume.
- Site specificity | A dialogue is to be sought with the genius loci (in terms of architecture and/or content).
- Feasibility | Budget, public safety
Send entries to email@example.com. Every entry must contain following material:
Entry form provided online duly filled out in full | Enclosure of a short description of the concept (max. 2,500 characters), sketches and/or other visual means designed to illustrate the concept idea | a complete portfolio of works completed to date and their exhibition.
For more see: reaktor.art/en/open-calls
Open Call | REAKTOR Potenziale 2019, Vienna, Austria