Parallel Photographic Platform has opened their 3rd Cycle call for new Artists and Curators. Through this call, 30 emerging artists and 6 emerging curators working with Photography will be selected to participate in the PARALLEL Platform’s third cycle taking place September 2019-November 2020.
Tutoring, exhibitions and publications
The selected creatives will be taking part in an innovative process, from idea to exhibition, integrating a wide network of high profile and cutting-edge artists, curators and other art professionals.
The jurors are looking for emerging artists and curators who fit the following criteria:
- Are in the early stages of their career
- Show significant artistic potential
- Whose artistic practice is engaged with contemporary discourse
- Haven’t yet attained international recognition
- Have had no more than 3 individual exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival (Artists)
- Have had no more than 6 collective exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival (Artists)
- Have curated no more than 3 exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival (Curators)
Applications from artists who have never exhibited at museums/galleries/festivals and curators who’ve never curated an exhibition at museums/galleries/festivals are more than welcome. The call is open internationally. There’s no compulsory theme, all work is appreciated. The selection will take into account gender balance and overall diversity.
Parallel Open Call 2018 Jury:
- Edson Chagas, Artist
- Emma Lewis, Assistant Curator, Tate Modern
- Jean-Marc Lacabe, Director, Gallerie Le Château d’Eau
- Marina Paulenka, Festival Director, Organ Vida
Nuno Ricou Salgado, Artistic Director, PARALLEL Platform
This is a funded opportunity with international exhibitions. For more information see: photoireland.org/…/parallel-cycle-3-open-call/
There will be an Information Clinic on this and other PhotoIreland Opportunities at 12-3pm on Saturday 16 February, At The Library Project.
Open Call | Parallel Photographic Platform 2019