Application deadline: 31 March.
This call aims to select 6 new curators working with photography who will participate in the PARALLEL Platform 3rd Cycle, occurring between September 2019 and November 2020.
Those selected will be taking part in an innovative creative process, from the very beginning to the moment of the exhibition, together with 35 new curators and artists. The jurors are looking for new curators who satisfy the following criteria:
- are in the early stages of their career;
- show significant artistic potential;
- have an artistic engaged with contemporary discourse;
- haven’t yet attained international recognition;
- have curated NO MORE than 3 exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival.
Please understand that if you’ve curated more than 3 exhibitions in a museum/gallery/festival your application will not be considered. Applications from curators who’ve never curated an exhibition at museums/galleries/festivals are more than welcome.
Please note: Entrance Fee: €20. The call is open internationally to new curators of all ages working with photography. The selection will take into account gender balance and overall diversity. There’s no compulsory theme, all work is appreciated.
What winners receive
Selected curators will:
- participate in the PARALLEL Artistic Guidance to develop a new curatorial project with the new work produced by the 3rd cycle artists and to be exhibited at one of the PARALLEL Members locations, with the support of said member and of a high profile tutor*;
- introduce themselves at the PARALLEL Intersection Budapest (HU), September 2019. Travel up to 250 €, accommodation and maintenance expenses in Budapest supported by PARALLEL*;
- attend an internship at a PARALLEL Member’s location. Travel up to 250 €, accommodation and maintenance expenses supported by PARALLEL*;
- consolidate their new curatorial project with the new work produced by the artists at the PARALLEL Curatorship, March 2020. Travel up to 250 €, accommodation and maintenance expenses supported by PARALLEL*;
- present their exhibition at a PARALLEL Member’s location during Spring/Summer 2020*;
- work directly with the graphic coordinator in the curator’s exhibition catalogue;
- have their exhibition presented again at PARALLEL Review Lisboa and be eligible for the PARALLEL Award for the most ground-breaking exhibition. Travel up to 250€, accommodation and maintenance expenses in Lisboa supported by PARALLEL*;
- have their curatorial project published in the yearly catalogue PARALLEL Atlas;
- have their curatorial project promoted internationally under the PARALLEL Platform framework;
- be part of a vast network of high profile and cutting edge established and emerging artists, curators and other art professionals.
* exact dates and locations to be confirmed.
For more information see: callforcurators.com/…
Open Call | Parallel New Curators 2019, Europe (Submission Fee)