Application deadline: 14 April, 23:59.
This year MINI marks its 60th anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, MINI have partnered with Body & Soul Music and Arts Festival, which this year presents its tenth edition – making it even more of a reason to celebrate.
MINI and Body & Soul have always collaborated with artists, whether on the infamous MINI car design, installations across the globe, or in the centuries-old woods at Ballinlough, and we’re thrilled to announce a €10,000 design bursary award for the design and construction of a new installation at Body & Soul.
They’re looking for a creative collaborator to design an installation space which will be brought to life at the festival this year during the Summer Solstice, 21 – 23 June 2019.
This design led installation should showcase how to use space creatively, as MINI always has. The installation will exist by day and night as a meeting place, a communal area to gather with old friends or meet new ones, a focal point for photographs and as a place where some talks and discussions will be held.
The Bursary Award
● A bursary prize of €10,000 to cover all costs, including fees, of the design and construction of the area
● Opportunity to showcase your design and installation at this prestigious festival with 15,000 attendees
● A team of experts from Body and Soul festival on hand to guide your vision to life
● Inclusion in PR and marketing campaign by MINI and Body & Soul profiling the team, the build and the installation
● 10 x Weekend Tickets to attend Body & Soul Festival 2019 for you and your team
The Installation – Specifics
The installation should work from 360 degrees – there’s no back of house, so the successful applicant will demonstrate that they have considered the look and use of the space from a
variety of possible approaches.
The space should encapsulate the MINI brand while blending in harmoniously with the Body & Soul Festival theme. It should take design cues from MINI’s history & heritage and the essence of the Body & Soul festival, which this year has the theme ‘Ritual’.
For full brief see: backstage.bodyandsoul.ie/…
Submissions will be assessed by representatives from MINI, Body & Soul’s Head of Design Mary Pike, and Nathalie Weadick, Director of the Irish Architecture Foundation.
Open Call | MINI x Body and Soul Festival Installation Design Bursary