Application deadline: 15 November
McColl Center in Charlotte, NC, USA annually awards residencies to approximately eighteen artists. The Artist-in-Residence Program is open to artists working in architecture, drawing, painting, sculpture, photography, film, video, new media, design, music, theatre, social practice, community organizing, urban agriculture, culinary arts, or interdisciplinary practices. Special attention is given to applicants whose work poses urgent questions about society or promotes civic consciousness and reciprocal exchange with community members. Residencies vary in length, from one to three months, in the fall and spring seasons.
Please note there is a $35 application fee.
● $6,000 living allowance
● $2,000 materials stipend
● $2,000 CHS project fee (Healthcare and Healing Program only)
● Furnished one-bedroom condominium with Wi-Fi
● Private workspace (230–819 square feet) with Wi-Fi
● Participation in a group exhibition on the second or third floor of McColl Center
● Photo and video documentation
● Technical and administrative services
● Reimbursement for one round-trip economy-class flight
● Opportunities to engage with McColl Center audiences via public programs
For more information and to apply online: mccollcenter.org/artists-in-residence/residency-programs
Open Call | McColl Center Artist-in-Residence Program, USA (Submission Fee)