Kilkenny County Council Arts Office invites applications from Emerging Curators for their 2019 emerging curators programme. The programme will enable curators to gain direct experience in the field of curating exhibitions for the Arts Office Gallery. This wonderful opportunity will also support the successful candidate in many ways beyond the financial value of the project.
The successful applicant will:
• gain experience and professional development in curating and managing exhibitions, thus developing and enhancing their career
• develop and expand their artistic and creative networks
• develop and expand their relationships in the culture sector and
• participate in the artistic programming within the city and county of Kilkenny enhancing the cultural offer in Kilkenny to local and national audiences alike
• Be mentored by Eamon Maxwell.
The successful candidate will also benefit from working alongside a long established Arts Department within Kilkenny County Council. They will benefit from the years of experience and expertise of the Arts Officer and her staff.
Curators fee incl. expenses €6,300
There is a separate budget for the exhibitions.
How to apply:
• Maximum 500 word statement / letter of interest outlining your curatorial rationale / approach and how your programming will
– benefit Kilkenny artists
– benefit Kilkenny and its creative sector and wider community
– engage with and build audiences
• 250 words statement outlining
– how the opportunity would benefit their own career path as an emerging curator
• Up to date CV Max two pages, please include details / images of previously curated exhibitions
• Two professional referees
• Hard copy application only will be accepted
For full details and residency specification please download the attachment from their website: kilkennycoco.ie/eng/Services/Arts/Programmes/
Open Call | Kilkenny County Council Emerging Curator in Residence Programme