40mcube and EESAB have joined to propose a new programme for artists and curators, in partnership with the contemporary art network of Brittany including the contemporary art centers : La Criée (Rennes) and Passerelle (Brest), Frac Bretagne (Regional contemporary art Fund), Archives de la critique d’art (Rennes), Documents d’artistes Bretagne, a.c.b – art contemporain en Bretagne, the company Self Signal, the law firm Avoxa, 02 and Le Chassis magazines.
GENERATOR is a programme aimed at emerging and newly established artists and curators, who have acquired previous relative training and a certain level of professionalization. This programme aims to provide young artists and curators the crucial edge on critique, technique and competences developed in Brittany, which is a dynamic region composed of many contemporary art organisations dedicated to exhibitions, collections, research, and edition.
GENERATOR selects each year four recent graduate artists and gives them the means to dedicate themseves completely to their artistic practice, for a seven month period. This policy of support combines the conditions to help the artists develop and deepen their research work, to produce new works, and to create their own professional network.
For the artists
– A stipend of 3000 euros including VAT
– Production aid of about 3000 euros depending upon the projects, and the production costs
– A housing financial assistance under certain conditions
– The provision of a studio and a collective production equipment support platform
– Critical support from professional partners : artists and theoricians, art center directors, art critics… – Technical support for the production works
– The access to networking with some local industries
– Providing professional work experience : workshops with students, lectures, editing of exhibitions… – Time to generate collective works (in the form of seminars)
– A presentation time of the work
For the curators
– 1000 euros including VAT
– A housing proposal
– Meetings with different key figures in the artistic scene in Brittany : artists, critics, curators
– A working studio with web connection
For more information and application details: cipac.net/IMG/pdf/-510.pdf
Open Call | GENERATOR Programme, Brittany, France