The RHA is delighted to present an open call for submissions to the Elizabeth Fitzpatrick Travel Bursary 2018. The Bursary of €2,500 is awarded to enable Irish artists to further their studies abroad. This Scholarship is awarded in memory of Elizabeth Fitzpatrick, a lifelong friend and supporter of the visual arts in Ireland. The Purser family, into which Elizabeth was born in 1904, was one of a Dublin circle with many artistic affiliations. Between 1930 and 1980 she moved in this circle which included Sarah Purser – her great aunt, – Jack Yeats, ‘A.E.’, Mainie Jellett and Mary Swanzy. Previous recipients of the Elizabeth Fitzpatrick Travel Bursary include: Leda Scully, Amy O’Riordan, Hugh McCarthy, Simon McWilliams, Tony O’Malley, Eamonn O’Kane, Catherine Harper, Sanja Todorovic, Damien Flood and Sighle Bhreathnach-Cashell.
1. Candidates must be Irish citizens or born on the Island of Ireland.
2. Candidates must be 35 years of age or under.
3. The winner of the bursary is entitled to exhibit one piece of work in the RHA Annual Exhibition in 2019.
The deadline for receipt of completed application forms is Friday 31st August 2018
Artists wishing to be considered should apply by completing the application form and include:
- A current CV.
- A cover letter detailing the proposed usage of the bursary.
- 6 images of recent work.
- A list of images submitted clearly marked with the title of the piece, the medium and the dimensions.
For further information on the Elizabeth Fitzpatrick Travel Bursary please visit: rhagallery.ie/awards-bursaries/
or email email@example.com
Open Call | Elizabeth Fitzpatrick Travel Bursary 2018