Curator in Residence programme offers curators from around the world a residency in LAZNIA Contemporary Art Centre, Gdańsk, Poland and the opportunity to work in collaboration with local curatorial team on the theme of the project: Critical look into contemporary tourism. During the residency, the selected curator will conduct research on the above mentioned topic, both in Gdańsk and through travel to other destinations in Poland if needed. Duration, dates of the residency and travel schedule throughout Poland are to be arranged individually with the selected candidate. It should be conducted however until the end of the year 2019 and the stay should last from 2 to 4 weeks.
LAZNIA CCA offer:
• Accommodation in our residency centre
• A grant of 4500 PLN brutto / approx. 1000 EUR gross
• Reimbursement of travel costs up to 2200 PLN / approx. 500 Euro
• Organisation of meetings and study visits in Gdansk and in the region
• Institutional support of LAZNIA CCA’s team
• Costs connected to visa applications or insurance should be covered by the candidate
Curator in Residence application should include:
• Biography (up to 200 words)
• 2-3 examples of your previous projects / concept sketches. Links to the documentation of the project may be included. (up to 300 words)
• Summary and concept for your research. Please mention main ideas (up to 700 words)
• Schedule: Preferred and estimated time for your stay?
More information and application form: laznia.pl/rezydencje/-82/
Candidates interested in the topic are invited to apply and complete the open call submission form and send it to email@example.com. Selected candidate will be asked to write a text (approx. 4-5 pages A4) based on the conducted research.
Open Call | Curator in Residence Programme at LAZNIA CCA, Gdansk, Poland