Application deadline: Thursday 11 October, 5pm.
The Board and executive of Dublin City Council Culture Company wishes to establish two advisory groups – a Culture Advisory Panel and a Heritage Advisory Panel.
Each Advisory Panel will create ideas and connections for the development of Dublin City Council Culture Company initiatives and programmes, forming a ‘brain trust’ for the organisation. It will work collaboratively with the team to support and guide ambitious, challenging, achievable, and meaningful cultural initiatives that harness the resources of all partners. The Advisory Panels will be asked to provide input into our ongoing cultural programmes and, in due course, its Strategic Plan development.
Dublin City Council Culture Company envisage that the panels might include previous project participants, artists, community group members, cultural sector professionals, academics and future partners to support and inform the activities of the Dublin City Council Culture Company.
For consideration for inclusion, please send us a letter, which outlines why you are interested in being part of the Advisory Panels for Dublin City Council Culture Company, indicating which panel you would like to be considered for. Please include a short CV or note (no more than two pages) about yourself.
The role of Advisory Panel members shall be:
- To attend and engage proactively in Advisory Panel workshops (twice a year), acting not only as a sounding board, but also by providing ideas and reactions to the current programme or projects in development, to strengthen the chance of an impactful project process and outcome.
- To provide guidance to ensure that the development of initiatives or programmes reflects the needs and expectations of the various stakeholders and contribute their experience and expertise to the discussion at hand.
- To identify opportunities while out in their own community or field of expertise that could be of potential relevance for the Dublin City Council Culture Company and its activities.
- To act as an ambassador for Dublin City Council Culture Company and its initiatives and cultivate new relationships for Dublin City Council Culture Company where appropriate.
- To provide strategic advice on how to most effectively support the delivery of the initiatives of Dublin City Council Culture Company.
Terms and Meetings
- The Advisory Panels are informal, voluntary groups and will not have the duties of a formal Board.
- An Advisory Panel member term is two years, with a possibility of renewal for a second term.
- Members are required to attend two workshop-style meetings annually (they will be held in the city centre and be approx two hours, refreshments will be provided)
- Advisory Panel can propose new members in order to keep the ‘brain trust’ full of fresh perspectives and evenly balanced in terms of composition and succession planning.
- Members of the Advisory Panels will not be reimbursed for their attendance at meetings.
Email you letter and CV/note to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Cultural Advisory Panel’ or ‘Heritage Advisory Panel’ in the subject line.
Open Call | Culture Advisory Panel to Dublin City Council Culture Company (Voluntary Position)