Submission deadline: Wednesday 4 July 2018, 5pm
Dublin Airport, NCAD and Business to Arts are inviting past and present students and staff of NCAD and artists resident in Ireland to submit works for selection for the Billboard Project.
Dublin Airport has agreed a new partnership with the National College of Art and Design (NCAD) in Dublin aimed at bringing an enhanced public art programme to the airport. The two-year Creative Journeys partnership will enable NCAD students, past and present, to showcase their ideas and work to an international audience, and will provide Dublin Airport passengers with a unique perspective into
contemporary Irish art.
Supported by Business to Arts, this new partnership will deliver a full public art programme at Dublin Airport over the next two years. Seven sites have been chosen across the airport campus to host works within Creative Journeys. The sites are located in landside and airside areas to allow both departing and arriving passengers to view the works of art. The landside sites will enable members of the public who are at the airport, but not travelling, to view the art installations.
● The open submission is open to past or present students of NCAD or current staff at NCAD, all Irish/Non-Irish (Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland) artists resident in Ireland for at least 3 years, and Irish Diaspora referring to Irish citizens and their descendants who live outside Ireland.
● The selected artist for the Billboard Project will receive a set honorarium fee of €1250.
Criteria for submissions
● A maximum of three images per applicant.
● Work will be considered for wall based high resolution installation.
● Work selected must be professionally presented as high resolution 300dpi images or higher and must be made available for selected work.
For further information and to download the submission form please visit: creativejourneys.ie/
Each submission must include a completed submission form and image (Please ensure each image is no larger than 1MB) and send to: email@example.com
Open Call | Creative Journeys Billboard Project, Dublin Airport