Application deadline: 17 December
In preparation of “Chroniques” an international biennial dedicated to new media art and digital culture, Seconde Nature and ZINC create a production platform, financed by the Conseil Régional Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (France), to help the production and circulation of original art.
For this mission, they are working with structures and institutions from the PACA region : Edis, Art endowment fund in Avignon, FRAC Provence-Alpes Côte d’Azur, Diffusing Digital Art at Bains Douches Gallery in Marseille, Le Hublot, l’Entrepont in 109 at Nice, Les Capucins – Centre d’art contemporain in Embrun, Octobre numérique in Arles, Fées d’Hiver in Crévoux, le 3bisF | Centre d’art and LabGamerz in Aix-en-Provence.
Together they are calling for national and international artists to produce an original artwork.
Chroniques is a series of exhibits called ‘Lévitations’, spanning from Aix-en-Provence to Marseille in fall of 2018. Several events will punctuate the exhibits : concerts, shows, performances and audiovisual lives, professionnal meetings.
In that perspective, they will assist several artists in the creation of artworks and will provide them two showing contexts:
- First showing during the Chroniques 2018 exhibits in Aix-en-Provence and Marseille.
- One more show in one of the locations of the exhibit tour between January and December 2019 in Provence with their partners
Support include in particular:
- Financial contribution : 8000 euros in average for each artwork. The precise amount will depend on the provisional budget. This contribution includes the fee for its exhibition.
- Logistic support : transportation and storing of the pieces for the different exhibitions in Provence.
- Residency : a residency space before the first show, depending on a specific evaluation of the project
- Technical support : technical loans and advice for the exhibit, depending on the technical rider given by the artist (before end of june 2018)
For more information see: chronique-s.org/en/call-artists-chroniques-2018/
Open Call | Chroniques 2018, International Biennial, France