Application deadline: 19 August
The Blueproject Foundation is a non-profit organisation based in Barcelona whose main aim is to support and promote national and international artistic creation. This support is made through an exhibition and residency programme that promotes artists and works, which propose reflection of today’s aesthetic, social and intellectual issues.
This call is open to any artist interested as an individual or on behalf of a group or company, regardless of their age, nationality or creative discipline.
The foundation commits to providing a range of materials and human resources for the proper development of the projects.
- Use of the entire workshop space for a maximum period of two months (for each project) to develop the selected project. The use of this space includes free Wi-Fi, basic cleaning of the space and the tools and resources at the foundation’s disposal.
- Programming the exhibition/presentation of the project at the Sala Project calendar during the year 2019, with a maximum duration of eight weeks for exhibition projects and a minimum of one public presentation for performance projects. The period in which they will take place is from January to May 2019. The specific dates will be agreed with the winning artists in each case.
- Economic contribution of a TOTAL of 16,000 euros (all taxes included) to be shared among the three winning projects, assigned to cover the project costs or any other expenses directly related to it (installing, exhibition operation, flights, accommodation and expenses in case of Barcelona non-resident artists, etc.) or to the proper functioning of this open call.
- Contribution to the optimal development of the projects through the provision of any information and resources possible within the budgetary and staffing constraints of the Blueproject Foundation.
- Communication and promotion of the proposal as well as its exhibition using all possible resources through the foundation’s media channels (press, web, social media, etc).
Open Call | Blueproject Foundation Residencies, Barcelona, Spain