Application deadline: 30 May
Supported by Roscommon County Council Arts Office in partnership with Roscommon Arts Centre, the Arts and Disability Commission is aimed at developing partnerships between artists and wider Roscommon communities while also encouraging learning’s in new media for the participants. This project aims to support the production of work by a professional, established artist who is interested in working in the field of Arts and Health, specifically working with people with disabilities, but also has the ability to work with a Brothers of Charity group that can benefit from the project/commission and experience.
The project will take the form of a number of workshops designed by the selected artist working with a group in Roscommon Brothers of Charity. These workshops will inform the production of a new exhibition that will be shown in 2019 at Roscommon Arts Centre.
The project aims to bring the participants outside of their normal environs so Roscommon Arts Centre will assist will with providing or identifying suitable workshop space.
The selected artist will work in collaboration with experienced practitioner Karl Burke on the delivery of the workshops.
The project budget is €3,000. The budget must include all artist fees, design development, fabrication, supply, works, artist insurances (public liability & where appropriate contractor), travel, accommodation, certifications and training, health and safety costs, VAT, and all other expenses and charges.
In addition to the above amount, Roscommon Arts Centre will support the project through providing installation & technical assistance, marketing/printing and exhibtion costs to the value of €1000.
• A max 700-word proposal outlining ideas and concepts for the project and proposed potential outcomes.
• Budget breakdown of all costs
• If appropriate, identify communities you are interested in engaging with
• Estimated timescale (must be complete by Nov. 2018).
• Where relevant, up to three illustrations or images to communicate visually the concept behind the work and to indicate the general practicalities surrounding the delivery of the work.
• An up to date CV (no more than 3 pages).
• Up to five images of previous works, clearly labeled with title of artwork/project. These images SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN A SINGLE, PDF DOCUMENT IF POSSIBLE.
• Any known supports that will be required for the delivery of the project.
• Any other parties who will have an interest in or will constitute part of the delivery of the work.
• Any time or practical constraints that may impact on the project.
Full artists brief here: roscommonartscentre.ie
Open Call | Arts and Disability Commission, Roscommon