Application deadline: 18 September
In co-operation with KulturKontakt Austria, the Austrian Federal Chancellery makes available 50 residencies in Austria (Vienna and Salzburg) for the year 2018.
The residency is designed to offer an opportunity to familiarise oneself with the Austrian art scene and cultural environment and to make contact with Austrian artists. Residents are expected to complete a project during their stay. In the field of cultural education, the stay is primarily designed to foster exchanges and networking and not the realisation of a project.
The residency provides:
- Residencies are provided in Vienna (all disciplines) or Salzburg (only visual arts, photography, video and media arts). Accommodation subject to availability.
- Contribution to cost of living expenses of Euro 800 per month.
- One-time contribution to art supplies of Euro 300 for visual artists and composers.
- For the duration of the stay and depending on the place of accommodation, residents are provided with a mobile internet connect stick including SIM-card or WLAN for the duration of their residency. Notebooks will not be provided.
- For the duration of the stay, a cell-phone with a one-time prepaid credit in the amount of Euro 40 will be made available to the residents.
- Residents will also receive monthly passes for public transport in Vienna or Salzburg for the duration of their stay.
For more information: AiR_eng_Call for Applications 2018-
Applications can be submitted via the Artists in Residence online platform:
Open Call | Artist-in-Residence-Programme 2018, Austria