Application deadline: 1 December
Art Jameel, the independent arts organisation, has announced an open call for the second round of its Commissions programme, dedicated to Arts Writing and Research. This commission aims to support candidates from the arts and humanities in their pursuit of an innovative research area, and in the production of a substantial piece of writing or body of written work. The Arts Writing and Research Commission will include support towards the development of a published outcome, which can take the form of a booklet, magazine, pamphlet or other experimental format—either digital or print. The final outcome should be produced in a timely way, dependent on its format, and agreed upon in advance by the practitioner and commissioner. In addition, awardees are expected to instigate, and participate in, at least two public events at Jameel Arts Centre and Jameel Library.
The commission is open to art writers, curators, critics, art historians, and artists who have writing as their primary medium, more on eligibility in full brief.
Art Jameel will provide:
- 2,000 USD stipend per month to cover living costs in Dubai for 3 months
- Accommodation in Dubai for the 3-month period between September and December 2019
- Up to 2 return tickets to Dubai
- The cost of the UAE visa and support in the visa application process where needed
- Up to 3,000 USD for research
- Dedicated budget for the proposed public programmes [Budget to be administered at the
discretion of Jameel Arts Centre programming team]
For more information see: artjameel.org/…here-2.pdf
Open Call | Art Jameel’s Arts Writing and Research Grant, Dubai