With Belfast Exposed’s photographic history being built on black and white film, they recognise the importance of this medium and how these skills link to digital photography, from picture taking to post production and the final print.
This course will be run over 2 x three hour sessions starting with picture taking, through to editing, processing, and printing your negatives. The course also looks at composition and taking images in full frame capturing the entire scene and obtaining correct exposure and metering techniques. The image taking skills are mirrored in our post-production learning.
What you will need
– No requirements. We provide all of the equipment and materials. Though, you can bring your own camera.
What you will learn
– Understanding the composition, focusing, metering and exposure when picture taking.
– Choosing the correct film for the correct picture taking.
– How to correctly process a roll of black and white film.
– Looking at ISO levels and grain in film and how to use them.
– How to produce a high quality prints from your processed negatives.
Dates: Saturday 17 and 24 November 2018
Times: 10am – 1pm
Location: Belfast Exposed Photography, The Exchange Place, 23 Donegall Street, Belfast
Booking: contact Conor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 1: Black and White Photography Workshop at Belfast Exposed