Application deadline: 15 October, midnight.
The Royal Hibernian Academy (RHA) seeks a full-time Technical and Facilities Manager to support the technical needs of the RHAs facilities and programme. The Technical and Facilities Manager will have responsibility for delivering, to an exceptionally high standard, all the technical needs of the RHA/s artistic programmes and events; as well as overseeing the day-to-day and long-term maintenance of the RHA building. The Technical and Facilities Manager will work closely with operations staff to manage the RHA event diary, roster staff and liaise with artists / clients as required. The role includes managing external contractors and the Health and Safety Committee. Initial two-year contract with potential for renewal, six-month probationary period.
Particular ARTS programme related responsibilities include:
• Working under the supervision of the RHA’s Curators to plan and deliver the physical elements of exhibition installations to achieve the highest standards of exhibition possible.
• Leading the technical team to manage the physical aspects of visual art installations and hangs, ensuring that professional art-handling practice is adhered to at all times.
• Preparatory work for exhibition installations – including building plinths, walls, window blocks, hanging artworks, sourcing goods/services.
• Advising on and implementing the technological requirements of exhibitions and art projects.
• Along with the Curatorial Team liaising with exhibiting artists to realise their vision to the highest possible standards across exhibitions.
• Technical management of educational aspects of the programme including preparation of spaces for classes, talks, workshops, screenings, performances, events and conferences.
For full job description and requirements see: rhagallery.ie
Remuneration will be based on relevant experience. Regular weekend and evening work will be required.
To apply please email a C.V. and Cover Letter outlining experience and suitability for the advertised position to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Monday 15thOctober. Interviews with selected candidates will take place during the week of 22nd October. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Vacancy | Technical and Facilities Manager at the RHA