Application deadline: 18 April, 12pm.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Systems (CSIS) in the Faculty of Science + Engineering at the University of Limerick offers a variety of undergraduate and taught postgraduate programmes.
The Teaching Assistant is required to support the planning, organisation and supervision of tutorial and laboratory-based sessions, the aim of which is to improve the students’ familiarity with, and understanding of digital media concepts and skills.
The Teaching Assistant will:
• Support the teaching of modules.
• Where applicable, ensure that attendance is recorded, work done during the session is collected for assessment and that feedback is provided to students, faculty and the ICT learning centre in a timely manner.
• A relevant primary degree to at least 2.2 honours level.
• Good social and communication skills both written and oral.
• Experience in tutoring.
• Knowledge of at least 1 programming language (such as Java, Processing, C++ etc.).
• Experience of design with prototyping platforms (such as Arduino etc.).
• Awareness of user-centered design processes (UX, interface design, interaction design etc.).
• Experience in printed circuit design.
• Digital fabrication skills (laser cutting, 3d printing, 3d modeling).
Title of Post: Teaching Assistant in Digital Media
Contract Type: 10 Month Fixed Term
Salary: €30,027 p.a. pro rata
Full details and application see www.ul.ie/hrvacancies Job ID 031930
Job Vacancy | Teaching Assistant in Digital Media at University of Limerick