Closing date for receipt of applications: 20 November.
The Gallery wishes to recruit a Paper Conservator in the Conservation Department on a permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to care for and treat works of art on paper. Reporting to the Head of Conservation or his / her nominated deputy, the Paper Conservator will:
- Condition survey works on paper (of Art) within the Gallery collections
- Survey and courier outgoing and ingoing loans, supervising packing and installations of (art) works on paper
- Liaise with Curators in relation to conservation procedures for works on paper
- Research and examine new methods and technologies in the field of paper conservation,
- Implement preservation policies and conserve works on paper from the archive and library collections
- Carry out analysis of materials where necessary and publish findings of research projects
- Provide advice and expertise on preservation and conservation requirements, and safe handling of substances used in conservation treatments
- Monitor the Environmental Control System in the Gallery and offsite storage; carry out pest management and collection housekeeping in line with Gallery guidelines
- Assist with the promotion of cooperation with conservation institutes and museums in Ireland and abroad
- Assume other duties appropriate to the post as assigned by the Head of Conservation
Grade and Salary: Salary is in accordance with the 1st point of the Assistant Keeper II (PPC) Scale, currently €30,987 per annum. Candidates should note the National Gallery of Ireland complies with Department of Public Expenditure and Reform regulations and guidelines on Public Service pay and conditions of employment.
For full job description see: candidatemanager.net/…
Job Vacancy | Paper Conservator at The National Gallery of Ireland