Closing date for receipt of applications: 14 September.
The National Gallery of Ireland wishes to recruit a Curatorial Assistant in the Curatorial Department on a 12-month fixed-term contract. Reporting to the Head Curator (or nominated deputy), the Curatorial Assistant will serve as an integral member of the Curatorial Department. The Curatorial Assistant will:
- Assist in the preparation of exhibitions
- Assist in the management and display of the permanent collection
- Conduct research on works of art in the collection
- Update information for wall texts
- Update documentation in the curatorial files
- Provide administration support within the Curatorial Department
- Work closely with individual curators, liaising regularly with members of staff in other teams and departments
- Complete any other duties as required
The Curatorial Assistant will take part in an induction programme, and maintain a Professional Portfolio, which will contain a schedule of work and personal professional development plan. The purpose of the Portfolio is to provide an agreed work plan, and a record of the Curatorial Assistant’s professional experience, thereby ensuring clarity around work commitments and providing a valuable document that will support the Fellow in future employment or education applications.
Salary: Salary will be in accordance with point 1st the Engineer Grade III / Assistant Keeper II Salary Scale (PPC) currently €30,680 per annum.
For full job description see: visualartists.ie/CuratorialAssistant_Fellowship.pdf
Job Vacancy | Curatorial Assistant Fellowship at The National Gallery of Ireland