Thunder Bay Art Gallery is seeking a Curator to guide the exhibition program and the daily activities of the curatorial department while helping to realize the exciting plan for a new gallery on the city’s waterfront. Join the management team in a stable, community-engaged gallery with an important exhibitions and collections mandate.
• Three to five years of experience working in a cultural institution in a curatorial capacity.
• Masters level degree in Art History or a related discipline.
• In-depth knowledge if both historical and contemporary Canadian art, with a particular emphasis on contemporary Indigenous art.
• Experience developing and managing a permanent collection.
• Experience managing/supervising staff.
• Demonstrated success in writing grant applications.
• A publication record.
• Exceptional writing and public speaking skills.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary Range: $43,000 – $48,000 with benefits
For full job description see: theag.ca/…/careers/
Job Vacancy | Curator at Thunder Bay Art Gallery, Canada